Happy Summertime?! We hope July is more eventful than June.
Reopen Update: On June 2, after 80 days of no activity, we hosted a volleyball training session! It has been wonderful to have some activity and noise in the facility with some 5 person training sessions in volleyball and basketball. It has been challenging for us as we have had to cancel our events and activities over these last few months.
So now the question is, “When will you be open for events with larger group sizes?” We don’t know. We are waiting on the move to Phase 3 or some new guidance for a Phase 2.5. By having these smaller activities, it has allowed us to put in place the policies and procedures to accommodate our groups moving in and out of the facility maintaining social distance and extra cleaning protocols. We want to make sure we do everything possible to keep our staff and our visitors safe and healthy. We have more details of our journey and plans on our COVID website page.
In the interim, we have found new ways to engage with the community with program activities through our social media pages. Join the HUB Sports Center Facebook and Instagram pages for all the latest events.
Check out our upcoming HUB Sports Center Activities as of today.
Activities & Events with the HUB Sports Center:
- June 27-28 – May (June) Mania Pickleball Tournament – Canceled
- July 6-7 – HS Volleyball League – Postponed until July 20-21
- July 9 – Police Activity League – Postponed until July 16
- July 11 – Inland NW Volleyball Showcase & Clinic – Canceled
- July 13-16 – Shuttlefreaks Badminton Camp
- July 17-19 – HUB Summer Slam Basketball Tournament – Canceled
- July 21-23 – Breakthrough Basketball Youth Camp – Scoring
- July 24 – NEW Basketball Situational Scrimmages
- July 24-26 – Breakthrough Basketball Elite Guard Camp
- July 27-31 – Skyhawks Volleyball Camp
- July 31 – NEW Basketball Situational Scrimmages
- August 1 – Picklin’ in the Park Pickleball Outdoor Tournament
- August 8 – June Jam 3v3 Basketball (rescheduled from June)
Summer Camps – We are currently planning to host summer camps at the HUB Sports Center. Please visit out Summer Camps page for updates and any changes. July and August camps are taking enrollment today!
Dads & Dudes Night – This fun night has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 15th. Reserve your spot today for a fun night of games and activities with your son. All ages are welcome. Only $15 for a father/son combo. Click Here for more information and to register.
Picklin’ in the Park – This will be a blind draw men’s and women’s recreational tournament outside at Pavillion Park in Liberty Lake on Saturday, August 1st. Click Here for more information and to register.
Liberty Lake Throw Down – This event is a community corn hole tournament to raise funds for the Friends of Pavillion Park annual Summer Festival and the HUB Sports Center. FOPP and the HUB are like minded organizations that are dedicated to enhancing the local community. Saturday, August 29th at Orchard Park in Liberty Lake. Click here for more details and to register.
Nigel Williams-Goss Basketball Camp – Sign up for the 4th Annual camp with Nigel Williams-Goss. This three-day August basketball camp has sold out each year, so register early. Click Here for registration.
Basketball Situational Scrimmages – Sign up your team for these scrimmages playing out various end-game situations. Games will be refereed by certified officials along with scoring and clock. Click Here for registration.
- Fit for YOUR Life Exercise Classes are happening via Zoom during the week. Please contact Paula if you would like to participate.
- Northwest Taekwondo Academy will continue with adult classes in July, while the youth classes will take a break for the summer. Contact the instructor for more information and details.
- Kenpo Karate – is hosting training classes on Monday and Wednesday nights. Contact the instructor for more information and details.
- Pickleball – We will NOT reopen for Pickleball play until Phase 3.
Support the HUB Sports Center
- If you are able, we would appreciate your consideration of a financial gift to support the HUB Sports Center as we wait out this temporary shut down. The HUB Sports Center is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible. Make a Donation Here. EIN: 26-0173199.
- Thank you to those that have made a gift since our temporary shut down! See List Here.
These businesses and organizations have supported the HUB Sports Center recently. We urge you to support them whenever possible.
Thank you for your support!
- Greenstone Homes
- Mirabeau Park Hotel
- Damon Orthodontics
- Hampton Inn Spokane Valley
- Certified Security
- Ptera Wireless
- Haase Landscape
- Spalding Auto Parts
We wish you and your family all the best during these challenging times. We can do this together! Stay safe, stay healthy! Thank you.
HUB Sports Center
“Providing Events that have a Positive Impact on Youth and the Community!”
The HUB Sports Center joins the communities of faith, sports, education, business and government to positively impact our youth and region through events and programs that enhance life skills. Thank you for your support and encouragement to fulfill this mission. Click Here for videos about the HUB Sports Center.