The After-School Program Teacher is responsible for supporting the Program Director and assist with the development, implementation, and supervision of the HUB 360 After-School Program. He/She has a goal of providing excellent care for middle school students (6th-8th grade). It is his/her responsibility to make sure that the program standards and procedures are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee program operations at designated HUB 360 after-school program site(s), and assist with the development of lesson plans and schedules.
2. Supervise groups of children and program activities.
3. Supervise volunteer staff and maintain proper adult/child ratios.
4. Maintain up to date, accurate, and complete written records on all enrolled children.
5. Develop a positive relationship with students, parents and school officials by creating ample opportunities for communication and being open to their requests whenever possible.
6. Inventory Program equipment and supplies and notify Program Director when more are needed.
7. Keep the Program Director informed of all program issues as they arise especially when related to the children’s behavior and development.
8. Be familiar with HUB Sports Center mission, policies and procedures.
9. Participate with the students in program activities.
10. Set up/clean up program areas.
11. Communicate regularly with Program Director/HUB about progress of programs.
1. High school diploma or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
2. Previous experience working with children in a camp, classroom, or after school setting preferred.
3. Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
4. Certification in CPR and Basic First Aid
This is a part-time position. 0-20 hours per week.
HUB 360 meets October through May and follows the school calendar.