Tournament Point of Contact:
Mike Marcella, Tournament Director
Pacific Judo Academy
Click Here for the link to the tournament packet.
Tournament Type: Modified Double Elimination for 5 or more contestant pools, round robin for 4 or less
Rules: 2017 IJF rules with the following modifications:
- Shime-waza rule: Shime-waza allowed in Juvenile A, B, Novice, IJF Junior, Senior and Masters categories;
- Kansetsu-waza rule: Kansetsu-waza allowed in IJF Junior, Senior, and Masters categories only;
- 2014 Judogi rule (increased sleeve length and top cross-over) for all divisions will be implemented. IJF approved judo gis are not required;
- Blue & White judo-gis are required for all divisions, except Bantam (optional).
- Current IJF medical rules apply to all divisions.
- Double division entry requests by participant will be subject to the tournament director’s discretion – a 2nd entry fee is required.