Remember the old days running around in your cape, protecting the neighborhood from evil? Or the days spent besting your classmates at dodgeball in PE class? Now’s your chance to combine the two into one epic event.
Join us on Saturday, October 24th for our first ever Superhero Dodgeball Tournament! Send out the bat-signal and get your team together today! Come dressed as your favorite superhero or villain and compete against others as you clash to become the grand champion of dodgeball!
CLICK HERE for Online Registration
(Deadline is October 16th)
Divisions: Jr. High – High School – Adult
Registration Fees: $75 team fees for up to 8 roster players.
Registration deadline is Friday, October 16, 2015.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit Pediatric Oncology at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital
If you are unable to attend the tournament, but would still like to make a donation to this cause, please visit: https://give.everydayhero.com/us/superhero-dodgeball
- Costumes Required. Superheroes or Villains Preferred. Please remember to keep it PG.
- Teams will be 6-8 players and may consist of any combination of men/women.
- 25 minute time limit per match. A match will consist of a best 3 of 5 format.
- Game begins with 3 balls to the left of the centerline and 3 balls to the right of the centerline.
- Players start on their backcourt line and can only retrieve balls on their side of the court.
- Balls must be taken behind the “attack line” before it can be legally thrown.
- During play, all players must remain within the boundary lines. Players may leave the boundaries through their end-line only to retrieve stray balls. They must also return through their end-line.
- Players that cross the centerline are eliminated from the game.
- Players are eliminated if they are hit with a ball below the neck (ducking eliminates this rule). The ball is dead once it touches the floor.
- If a player catches an opposing player’s throw, the opposing player is eliminated and one teammate who was eliminated can return to the game. (This is done in the order the players were eliminated, first eliminated player returns first.)
- Since this is a friendly competition, superpowers cannot be used
- This includes flying, telekinesis, super strength, heat/ice vision, invisibility, etc.