On the weekend of March 16-18, the top BOYS & GIRLS teams in the state will meet in the Spokane Valley to battle it out for the Washington Middle School Basketball Championship. After a long regular season playing against other teams in your league or area, the State Basketball Championship offers teams the shot to compete against fresh faces from all corners of the state. This is not your ordinary league tournament, but rather the chance of a lifetime for all kids… “Remember the time we went to State!?!”
- Two Championship divisions, School (based on high school boundary) and Club (non-school teams). Both divisions offer exciting competition for Boys and Girls grades 5-8.
- All teams will play 4 games
- Entry fees are $300 per team. Only $250 for teams that register within two weeks of qualifying. A $50 discount!
- Awards for teams and coaches for 1st and 2nd places in both divisions
- Game results immediately posted to the website after completion
3 Day Tournament Pass (Fri, Sat, Sun):
Adults (18 yrs +)… $25 ($20 if purchased online before tourney)*
Seniors (60+)… $20 ($15 if purchased online before tourney)*
Students (7-17)… $20 ($15 if purchased online before tourney)*
* after registering their team, coaches will receive a promo code to forward to families for the online discount.
Youth 6 and under FREE
1 Day Tournament Pass:
Students $8 (11-17)
Youth 6and under FREE
There’s more! Here’s what you’ll get when we See You at STATE!
- Players and coaches will play middle school aged teams that they’ve never faced before. We have teams traveling from all over Washington: the Puget Sound area, Olympic Peninsula, Southwestern WA, Tri Cities, Yakima and Bellingham. Of course, there’ll be some hometown teams representing Spokane also!
- Partner hotels and resorts offering discounted rate.
- Saturday and Sunday games at clean, multi-court gyms. Saturday will feature exciting pool play with Sunday bringing the magic of the semi-finals and Championship games.
- Certified referees from the Spokane Basketball Officials Association
- Paid scoreboard operators and scorebook keepers. No need for State coaches to pull visiting parent volunteers from the stands. So parents can sit back and relax (if watching your child compete in the Championship is relaxing?!)
- All of the above while enjoying the Spokane Valley – one the top tourist destinations in Washington! “Play Hooky Monday” – stay Sunday night and enjoy a family day on Monday.