Come and learn the game of Pickleball! Our expert instructors will teach you the basic skills and rules of this exciting game!
Clinics take place on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. All days run 10:00am-12:00pm.
Our primary objective in teaching the clinic is provide an enjoyable experience such that players want to come back to play. When done with the clinic players will be able to have a fun experience with players of a similar level.
Following is a description of what we teach in the beginning clinic:
- How to setup a pickleball net.
- How to join an existing game.
- The different lines/areas of the pickleball court.
- A short description of the Non-Volley Zone (the kitchen).
- How to determine if a ball is In or Out of an area of the court.
- Basic rules of the game including the two-bounce rule.
- Practice hitting a forehand, backhand, and serve.
- Proper court etiquette.
- Line calls
- Foot faults
- Non-volley Zone calls
- Interruptions of play (ball or person on the court)
- Calling the score prior to serving
- Players play a modified game evolving into a standard game (special serving rules until they can serve well enough to play a game) during the clinic.
When players finish the 2 hour clinic they will meet the USAPA 2.5 Skill Rating definition:
This player has a minimal understand of rules of the game and limited experience.
Can sustain a short rally with players of equal ability.
Basic ability to keep score.
Registration is just $15/person. .MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED TO ATTEND.
All participants will have the option to stay for our drop-in play from 1:00-3:00pm after the clinic for free.