We’re pleased to announce that we have arranged for Martin Anderson to come to Spokane, Washington to run a 3-day skill development camp. This is a youth and middle school camp for players looking to develop better scoring moves and better ball handling and playmaking ability.
What will players get out of the camp?
You will improve your shooting, ball handling, passing, athleticism footwork, decision-making, and 1 on 1 moves to take your game to the next level.
You will learn:
- Explosive dribble moves that make you hard to guard.
- Highly effective scoring moves that work at any level.
- Game like shooting drills to drive up your shooting percentage.
- How to create 2-3 feet of separation from any defender for better scoring opportunities.
- The best hand-eye coordination and ball handling drills that will accelerate your feel for the basketball. These drills will make dribbling during game situations feel easy.
- How to develop an explosive first step. The secrets behind the proper shin angle, head position, shoulder position, and hip position.
- Critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- How the top pros create advantages which allow them to make plays for themselves and their teammates.
- The most efficient scoring moves around the basket that helps you finish against any defender.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improves rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Live ball moves to help you blow by the defense at will. You will learn how to shift (or setup) the defender with your body and feet.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to stay in attack mode, dictate the tempo, and control the defense.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers, finish over larger players in the paint, and make more shots.
- How to finish through contact.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- Attacking down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to score and make plays using ball screens. Learn how to run defenders into screens and make lightning quick decisions.
- How to use dribble hand off actions to attack the defense and put them in a constant disadvantage.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- Utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills that make players like Chris Paul one of the best playmakers in the game.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
- How to be strong and pass out of double teams and traps.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for both boys & girls 3rd – 8th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Coach Profile – Martin Anderson
The camp is for boys and girls from 3rd grade to 8th grade.
Players will be grouped based on grade and gender to start during the individual skill work drills.