Go into season ready to increase your shooting percentage and range with better mechanics and more confidence in your shot.
These are the secrets perfected by the world’s greatest shooters, and now they’re yours as part of the 3-day intensive Shooting & Offensive Skills Camp.
What will players get out of the camp?
- Shooting fundamentals that will quickly boost your FG and FT % (stance, release point, hand position and follow through)
- Common mistakes that limit players’ shooting ability (and quick fixes for each)
- How to develop a quicker release to get better looks and avoid getting blocked
- The “Steve Nash Adjustment” that extends your shooting range while staying accurate
- Proper body positioning for maximum shooting accuracy
- Techniques for creating space so you get more clean looks at the basket
- Pro-level secrets for shooting off the dribble
- Catch-and-shoot fundamentals for varying game situations
- The “shooters mentality” that will immediately give you a psychological edge in every situation
We use a “Progressions”-based approach to ensure all players establish a strong foundation before moving into more complex drills.
This allows each player to move forward at the appropriate speed for their age and skill level.
Shooting Topics Covered In Camp
Foundation of Shooting
This is the first step in becoming a great shooter. Some players will progress through this stage quickly, while others will need to spend a bit more time to correct some bad habits. You will also learn:
- How your stance could actually be causing your shot to go left and right and how to fix it
- Why the parallel stance may not be the right fit for you
- How your legs and not just your follow through can actually cause a flat shot
- The proper release point and follow through
- How inflexibility in your legs can affect your shot in a negative way
- Learn the Steve Nash adjustment that allows players to shoot accurately from further distances
Shooting Off of the Catch Like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant
After we have built a great shooting foundation, we will progress to shooting off of the catch. You will learn:
- How to make your shot quicker
- The mentality to making your shot quicker
- The proper body position for every shot off of the catch
- The proper footwork for different situations during the game
- The proper hand position to create consistency and accuracy
- How to pull up out of the fast break
Shooting Off of the Dribble Like Russell Westbrook & Kyrie Irving
As the levels go up, it’s very important to add a pull up jump shot off of the dribble. This gives you the ability to score as defenders rush out to defend the initial shot. You will learn:
- The often ignored, but important progressions for the shot off of the dribble learned from legendary Hal Wissel who coached in the NBA
- Learn how to properly pick up the basketball and how doing it the wrong way could be causing your shot to miss to the left and the right
- Learn how the pace of the dribble can make your shot quicker
- Learn how to properly execute the sweep and step through to create space from your defender
- Learn the mentality needed to have a successful pull up jump shot and how the wrong mentality can be easily defended
Learn Advanced Shooting Techniques Used by the Pros
You will learn the keys to a quick release used by the pros such as Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry. You will learn the Michael Jordan 1-2 step used to create space and hit the open jumper.
You will learn the details required to be successful with these advanced moves. If you’re not ready for the advanced moves yet, we have a system setup that will progress players at the proper rates.
Here’s What Attendees Have To Say:
“Watching my son’s confidence increase as he began shooting from pre-camp to post-camp was amazing to watch. He learned great skills to practice before moving into JV ball”
– Mark P., Lansing, MI
“Thank you for sparking the fire in my kids to not only be great players, but also great individuals and team players. Coach was amazing and we appreciate you finding coaches like him. I’ve never seen my son smile so much while doing basketball”
– Carrie H., San Angelo, TX
“My daughter was really nervous about this camp because she wasn’t sure if…she’d be as good as everyone else. She came home so tired every day but was so excited about what she learned. She’s excited to keep practicing. Thank you for an awesome experience.”
– Kim B., Knoxville, TN
“Amazing camp! Love the positivity and the drills were great. Coach gave them great talks about being good people, too! We will be back!”
– Kerri D., Lenexa, KS
Spots Are Limited
We’re committed to giving you the most personal attention, reps and opportunity for improvement during this camp.
For that reason, spots are very limited.
If you’re ready to take your offensive game to the next level, we encourage you to reserve your spot while they’re still available.
After You Register
Once you enter your initial registration information at the bottom of the page, you’ll be taken to the payment page to complete the sign up process.
Your spot will be immediately reserved once payment is made.
Then check your email in 10-15 minutes for a Welcome Message with all the information you need to set your child up for success at camp.
What’s Your “Why”?
Every player has their own unique motivations and goals for attending a Breakthrough camp, including:
- Getting more playing time
- Stepping into shots with confidence
- Making the “A” team
- Increasing your scoring average
- Higher FG and FT %
- Making teams pay for leaving you open
- Loving the game more than ever as you see yourself succeed.
What are YOUR biggest motivations?
When you come to camp focused on what you want to achieve, you put yourself in the best position to succeed.
No matter what your goals are, the Shooting and Offensive Skills Camp can help you achieve them.
Coach Profile – Morris Bethea
The camp is for boys and girls from 5th grade to 10th grade.
Players will be grouped based on grade and gender to start during the individual skill work drills.
19619 E. Cataldo Ave
Liberty Lake, WA 99016