This specialized 3-day camp will give you the drills and instruction you need to become a top-flight shooter who stands out from the competition.
Go into season ready to increase your shooting percentage and range with better mechanics and more confidence in your shot.
These are the secrets perfected by the world’s greatest shooters, and now they’re yours as part of the 3-day intensive Shooting & Offensive Skills Camp.
What will players get out of the camp?
- Shooting fundamentals that will quickly boost your FG and FT % (stance, release point, hand position and follow through)
- Common mistakes that limit players’ shooting ability (and quick fixes for each)
- How to develop a quicker release to get better looks and avoid getting blocked
- The “Steve Nash Adjustment” that extends your shooting range while staying accurate
- Proper body positioning for maximum shooting accuracy
- Techniques for creating space so you get more clean looks at the basket
- Pro-level secrets for shooting off the dribble
- Catch-and-shoot fundamentals for varying game situations
- The “shooters mentality” that will immediately give you a psychological edge in every situation
Shooting Topics Covered In Camp
- How your stance could actually be causing your shot to go left and right and how to fix it
- Why the parallel stance may not be the right fit for you
- How your legs and not just your follow through can actually cause a flat shot
- The proper release point and follow through
- How inflexibility in your legs can affect your shot in a negative way
- Learn the Steve Nash adjustment that allows players to shoot accurately from further distances
- How to make your shot quicker
- The mentality to making your shot quicker
- The proper body position for every shot off of the catch
- The proper footwork for different situations during the game
- The proper hand position to create consistency and accuracy
- How to pull up out of the fast break
As the levels go up, it’s very important to add a pull up jump shot off of the dribble. This gives you the ability to score as defenders rush out to defend the initial shot. You will learn:
- The often ignored, but important progressions for the shot off of the dribble learned from legendary Hal Wissel who coached in the NBA
- Learn how to properly pick up the basketball and how doing it the wrong way could be causing your shot to miss to the left and the right
- Learn how the pace of the dribble can make your shot quicker
- Learn how to properly execute the sweep and step through to create space from your defender
- Learn the mentality needed to have a successful pull up jump shot and how the wrong mentality can be easily defended
You will learn the keys to a quick release used by the pros such as Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry. You will learn the Michael Jordan 1-2 step used to create space and hit the open jumper.
Spots Are Limited
After You Register
What’s Your “Why”?
- Getting more playing time
- Stepping into shots with confidence
- Making the “A” team
- Increasing your scoring average
- Higher FG and FT %
- Making teams pay for leaving you open
- Loving the game more than ever as you see yourself succeed.
The camp is for boys and girls from 5th grade to 10th grade.
Players will be grouped based on grade and gender to start during the individual skill work drills.
19619 E. Cataldo Ave.
Liberty Lake, WA 99016