July 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
HUB Sports Center
We’re excited to provide this 3 day youth and middle school camp with Coach Natalie Knight, that focuses on developing the complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing, footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills to become a great a basketball player. This camp is for boys & girls 4th-9th grades.
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handler… no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more lay ups.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- Basically, we will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
Defense and Rebounding
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Who is Natalie Knight?
- University of Kansas (KU) Women’s basketball staff (2 years)
- Lawrence Freestate High School Assistant Varsity Coach (1 year)
- Private Lessons and Personal Training Experience
- Master Degree in Sports Management
- Played in two Division 1 NCAA sweet Sixteens for the University of Kansas
- Logged 114 career starts after recovering from ACL injury
- 28th Jayhawk to reach over 1,000 career points
- All big-12 Honorable mention for two years
- Voted Co-captain for two years
- 38.2% three point field goal percentage, is second best all time in KU record book
- Named Kansas Gatorade player of the year in high school in 2011
- DiRenna award winner for two consecutive years
- State championship in 2010
- McDonald’s All-American nominee