We hope you are staying cool during this heat wave!
Reopen Update: We are still waiting for the next transition opportunity so we may provide more programming. We are currently following the Phase 2 guidelines for fitness facilities. We can host groups of 5 for training and have provided space for volleyball, basketball, badminton and martial arts groups so far. With these small groups, we have been able to test out our new cleaning protocols as well as the people flow and spacing requirements. Everything has gone smoothly. We’ve hosted 223 training sessions over June and July with no incidents. FYI – this is 8% of our normal activity level over these two months. Please keep us in mind for your programming.
We will continue to prepare and be ready for the next phase when we can serve larger groups safely. Thank you for your support and encouragement. We really miss seeing all of you. We have more details of our journey and plans on our COVID website page.
In the interim, we have found new ways to engage with the community with program activities through our social media pages. Join the HUB Sports Center Facebook and Instagram pages for all the latest events.
Check out our upcoming HUB Sports Center Activities as of today.
Activities & Events with the HUB Sports Center:
- August 1 – Picklin’ in the Park Pickleball Tournament – canceled
- August 3 – Skyhawks Basketball
- August 8 – June Jam 3v3 Basketball – canceled
- August 10 – Fundamental Focus Basketball
- August 14 – NEW Basketball Situational Scrimmages
- August 15 – Dads & Dudes Night (NEW FORMAT)
- August 15-16 – Pat Powers Volleyball Camp – rescheduled 9/26-27
- August 17-19 – Nigel Williams Goss Basketball Camp – canceled
- August 29 – Liberty Lake Throw Down Cornhole Tournament
Dads & Dudes Night – for the first time ever, Dads & Dudes Night is coming to your home virtually! And, we’re inviting everyone to join …moms, daughters, grandparents, neighbors! Registration is free and open to all. We will be delivering virtual challenges and contests that everyone can enjoy. On August 15th, we will announce all the challenges for families to complete. Complete all the challenges by August 16th, submit video evidence, and be entered to win cool prizes from some of our event partners. Click Here for more information and to register.
Liberty Lake Throw Down – This event is a community corn hole tournament to raise funds for the Friends of Pavillion Park annual Summer Festival and the HUB Sports Center. FOPP and the HUB are like minded organizations that are dedicated to enhancing the local community. Saturday, August 29th at Orchard Park in Liberty Lake. Click here for more details and to register.
Basketball Situational Scrimmages – Sign up your team for these scrimmages playing out various end-game situations. Games will be refereed by certified officials along with scoring and clock. Click Here for registration.
- Fit for YOUR Life Exercise Classes are happening via Zoom during the week. Please contact Paula if you would like to participate.
- Northwest Taekwondo Academy will take a break for August and resume in September. Contact the instructor for more information and details.
- Kenpo Karate – is hosting training classes on Monday and Wednesday nights. Contact the instructor for more information and details.
- Pickleball – We will NOT reopen for Pickleball play until Phase 3.
Support the HUB Sports Center
- If you are able, we would appreciate your consideration of a financial gift to support the HUB Sports Center as we wait out this temporary shut down. The HUB Sports Center is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible. Make a Donation Here. EIN: 26-0173199.
- Thank you to those that have made a gift since our temporary shut down! See List Here.
These businesses and organizations have supported the HUB Sports Center recently. We urge you to support them whenever possible.
Thank you for your support!
- Valley Christian School
- Cricket Wireless – Greater Spokane Area
- Modern Electric Water Company
- Horizon Credit Union
- Certified Security
- Ptera Wireless
- Haase Landscape
- Spalding Auto Parts
We wish you and your family all the best during these challenging times. We can do this together! Stay safe, stay healthy! Thank you.
HUB Sports Center
“Providing Events that have a Positive Impact on Youth and the Community!”
The HUB Sports Center joins the communities of faith, sports, education, business and government to positively impact our youth and region through events and programs that enhance life skills. Thank you for your support and encouragement to fulfill this mission. Click Here for videos about the HUB Sports Center.